söndag 2 oktober 2011

Jan Johansson: Jazz på svenska


Jazz på svenska ("Jazz in Swedish") is an album by the Swedish jazz pianist Jan Johansson. It was issued in 1964 and consists of jazz arrangements of Swedish folk songs. All arrangements are very sparse, consisting only of Johansson's piano play and Georg Riedel's bass. It is one of the best selling jazz albums in Swedish history and many of the tracks are famous within Sweden, especially the lead track "Visa från Utanmyra". (Wikipedia)

Download

3 kommentarer:

  1. Sadly the link is dead. I just discovered this amazing pianist and his gentle melancholy music. Would love to hear this and any other records of his that you have. Thanks.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I uploaded it again for you. Also included another one of his records, Jazz på ryska.

    http://www.sendspace.com/file/bgc05f

    SvaraRadera
  3. A thousand thanks for posting these. I do not find many pianists that 'knock my socks off' like Johansson does. He produces such a singular, remarkable sound. I couldn't find anything on the blogs that still had live links. I REALLY appreciate this.

    SvaraRadera